Tuesday, 27 March 2012

Lucky Seven : Extract from Silicone and Stretchmarks


Lucky Seven : Silicone and Stretchmarks

I was tagged by Rebecca Emin for a Lucky Seven Excerpt.


The rules are simple:
1. Go to page 77 in your current manuscript
2. Go to line 7
3. Copy down the next seven lines as they are – no cheating
4. Tag 7 other authors (Done on Facebook)

This is my extract from Silicone and Stretchmarks which is still a work in progress but hopefully ready for release later this year:




Jonas was giving me teenage torment.  Only last week, when vacuuming his room, I’d found a magazine under his desk.  It had been full of naked women.  Taking a marker pen, I’d drawn dresses and swimsuits on all the busty ladies.  Sensible ones too.  No plunging necklines or high-cut legs.  Accessories followed – Harry Potter spectacles, one or two blacked out teeth and some handlebar moustaches.  And then I’d carefully returned the magazine under the desk.  Jonas hadn’t said anything.  And neither had I.  But I knew that he knew that I knew that he knew and I knew that he knew it too.

2 comments:

  1. Oh that extract is too funny!!!!
    X

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to read this book. Hurry up already! xx

    ReplyDelete