Sunday, 3 June 2012

A Bit of a (Royal) Do


I’m a bit of a royalist.  I mean, the Queen has been around for as long as I’ve lived and some more.  She’s part of all that is British.  She’s like fish and chips, a cup of tea, or a rainy day in a British summer.  In other words, the monarch is part of the fabric of life.  Whatever you think about the Queen or, indeed, the Royal family, I do believe she’s one amazing woman and that her reign of sixty years is something to celebrate.  So later on today I will be dishing up the Sunday roast upon a dining room table covered with a paper version of the Union Jack flag.  There will be red, white and blue serviettes and red, white and blue flowers as a centrepiece.  We shall raise a glass to Her Majesty and then finish off with coffee and red, white and blue cupcakes.  Happy Diamond Jubilee Your Majesty!

No comments:

Post a Comment