Tuesday, 14 January 2014

Introducing Gillian Felix


Hello Gillian!

How did you come up with the idea for ‘The Banovic Siblings’?
‘The Banovic Siblings’ is the second novel in the ‘Family Portrait’ series, which was originally written as a television series.  I have twenty-four episodes written and parts of episodes two, three and four make up ‘The Banovic Siblings’.

What is your next project?
I am working on the third novel in the ‘Family Portrait’ series.  I may call it ‘Bastard’s Brew’. By now people have gotten to know the characters, and fans are starting to choose their favourite characters. The third novel will feature more about the mysterious bad boy, Kevin Banovic. It is scheduled to be released in March/April 2014.

The best thing about writing this book?
The friendship I've developed with the characters.  Sounds weird, but I love them!  They've made me laugh, cry and get angry.


What made you become an author – have you always wanted to write?
I have always written. As a kid creative writing was one of my favourite subjects. I got my highest marks in the subject. Growing up, I was told you have to ‘get a real job’. I've had ‘real’ jobs, and they always brought me back to writing.


Do you prefer to read e-books or paperbacks?
E-book only, because I can have as many as I want and not have to worry about physical space. Plus, if I hate it, it can be deleted!  That said, I do love the look and feel of a ‘proper’ book.


What is the best thing about being independently published?
I love the flexibility of being able to tell the story exactly how I want to tell it, plus I have more control.  There are more and more big name authors going down the indie route. They get to keep more of the profits, and have more creative control. I’m also an entrepreneur, so enjoy the business part of it and forming connections with bloggers like you!


Please give us a taster of The Banovic Siblings
College boy Kevin Banovic’s casual affair with Savi DaCosta suited him perfectly. Things change when he finds out that Savi is his mom’s high school bestie. When Kevin tries to end their affair, Savi blackmails him. After Kevin rescues Savi’s stepdaughter, L’Wren, from her abusive boyfriend, he can’t stop thinking about her. He must find a way to handle Savi, protect L’Wren, and keep his sanity.


Bad girl Adriana Banovic is pleased with herself for getting her nemesis expelled from Westwood Academy. As feelings between her and her latest victim, Haze Lyndon, escalate, an unexpected rival discovers her secret and threatens to expose her. With emotions on the line, will her new rival beat her at her own game or end up another casualty of Adriana’s wrath?

Zax Banovic has it all. Tall and handsome, he’s an academic genius with a killer smile and a heart of gold. When his best friend gets into trouble, he feels responsible and covers for him. But his best friend is not as honourable and has other plans for Zax.

‘The Banovic Siblings’ learn that blackmail is a gift that keeps on giving. This is the second book in the ‘Family Portrait’ novel series.

If you like Melrose Place, Beverly Hills 90210 and Nashville, where the guys and girls are hot and the schemes are hotter, you will like ‘The Banovic Siblings’.

Thank you for chatting to us, Gillian.  I’m sure we all want to get downloading,  so here is the link:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Gillian-Felix/e/B00EAUDZM6/ref=sr_ntt_srch_lnk_3?qid=1389647691&sr=8-3d
  
 


 














No comments:

Post a Comment